Our group is about having fun, getting out in the fresh air, enjoying the countryside and getting some exercise.
To ensure everyone can share these aims we adopt the core Ramblers values of being:
- Welcoming – to all, and particularly to newcomers
- Positive – looking to have fun and create enjoyment
- Inclusive – welcoming people from diverse backgrounds, and being sensitive to the needs of different communities
- Respectful – being respectful of others and thinking through the consequences of what we do. This includes absolutely no unwelcome or unwanted advances.
- Environmentally Responsible – promoting activities and behaviours which are sustainable and which benefit the environment
It is however wise to add a short note about personal safety. We hope that everyone has the opportunity to meet new people and maybe form lasting friendships with likeminded people. However, we advise you to take the normal precautions you would when meeting new people for the first time. Be careful about sharing too much personal information and only give out your personal details if you feel comfortable.
Lift sharing is great for the environment, but please ensure you are familiar and comfortable with anybody offering you a lift, and exercise the usual common sense points of safety. For example, it is best to travel with more than one person and ensure that somebody knows who you are with, where you’re going, and when you should return.
The vast majority of people involved in the Ramblers do treat one another with respect. If on the rare occasion a member does not meet these expectations, or is in any way making you feel uncomfortable, please contact Kelly Stevens, the Social Welfare Secretary using the form below. Alternatively, you can contact any other member of the committee (usually several committee members are on every walk).